Monday, March 1, 2010

shades of gray / grey

+ I’ve been working on a logo for a dear friend of mine who’s an amazing photographer {christine han photography}. She’s starting up her business and luckily, because I know her and her tastes very well,  the logo process was fun and pretty easy! I just finished tweaking some colors and we were down to picking a gray that went with the ochre/gold...click on the image to see it larger.



The differences are really subtle, but the top is more blue-gray, the middle pure gray-black, and the bottom has hints of yellow-green. I love that even a shade like gray can have depth. On the flipside to this clean logo, I’ve been working on a few large, messy paintings which I’m not sure where I’m going with at all...I’ll post some work-in-progress shots soon, so that it will push me to finish them!

No comments:

Post a Comment