Wednesday, February 24, 2010

miniature fad

+ I was first introduced to Vincent Laforet’s work a few years ago. He’s an amazing photographer with a great, unique eye, often working from a helicopter. For some photographs, he also shoots with a tilt-shift lens that makes everything look miniature, like a toy world. Vincent Laforet

I’ve noticed that I see this everywhere now, in commercials and I think there’s even an option on the iPhone to shoot like that. New trend I suppose! This was a short film I saw posted on Gothamist that uses the tilt-shift technique and portrays “a day in the life of New York City” by VFX artist Sam O’Hare...pretty amazing. Reminds me of the little town intro in Mister Roger’s Neighborhood though that was actually miniatures! (link to short below the stills)



I wonder why we’re all so fascinated by seeing our world as toys....

No comments:

Post a Comment