Monday, February 1, 2010

vellum & string

+ As I passed by some retails store windows this past week, I noticed how paper has made a big comeback. Check out Anthropologie, Kate’s Paperie (in NYC), and Juicy Couture this month to see pretty paper designs. I particularly thought the Juicy pants made out of paper hearts was fun!

Speaking of which, I tend to hoard and keep scraps of paper, fabric, string...you never know when it might come in handy. And what random things can be made! I had these strips of vellum (basically thick tracing paper) lying around from something I trimmed previously, and I thought I would get crafty and make some paper flowers. All you need is some paper/vellum and colorful string which I knotted and wrapped around the petals. You can also go crazy with cutting notches and punching holes as well. This would be super cute attached to a gift or card or even strung together in a garland of sorts. I heart paper!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love these! Now I can't knock you for hoarding all that stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete